Tuesday, February 11, 2014

sewing mojo

A wonderful thing I noticed yesterday, the days are getting longer.  Somehow we see the benefits of the sun but one thing I need has gone MIA:  my sewing mojo.  Sewing motivation, where have you gone?  You are hiding quite well.  I have lots I can sew but it is exhausting and overwhelming to begin to think of what to make.  Sewing mojo, come back soon.  Sewing mojo I need to talk to you.

Perhaps I'm too demanding and not giving myself enough credit for trying.  I did sew some today.  I fixed a tshirt I made that the shoulders were too wide.  The temperature is in the 20's, not exactly t-shirt weather.  I have about two to three or maybe four garments that I pre cut already.  Just need to put them together and yet, I haven't done it.  I'm still healing and though yesterday was a good day, I got a lot accomplished.  Today just wasn't so good.  I felt the weight and the medicines are doing a number on my tummy.  I'm losing weight but not on purpose.  

I have been knitting with my looms.  That helps with relaxation and keeps my mind busy.  I like to be busy.  Using what I already have instead of buying more.  I've been knitting more fingerless mittens for my midget.  Some I have given away as presents.  Giving feels good.  Just giving without expecting anything in return.  Knowing that what I give will be put to use and enjoyed, that is a great feeling.

So today, at "the fork on my road", I chose to get off my rear, played loud music and fixed the t-shirt.  The alternative, no such thing, no more.  

I have so much to be thankful for, even for my struggles.  I am thankful because by overcoming them I realize just how strong I've become.  And yes I can, I will be alright.

To my coctails I've added dandilions, blueberries and it gives it a kick.  

Always smile
Zassha and I

Zassha's wall

some of my favorite drawings


bathing in the sun playing UNO



No comments:

Post a Comment