Thursday, January 9, 2014

It doesn't hurt to dream

Someone once said: "sometimes you have to fake it until you feel it".  This week has been one of those times.   

This week has been one of the coldest I've ever experienced since I've been living in the USA.   The sun has hidden his bright face.  This causes my batteries to run on low.  Remember, I need the sun to function. 

So, besides knitting, I've been looking for a particular picture that takes me back to a very hot day in the Bahamas.   I remember it as if it was yesterday even though the picture was taken back in August of 1999.  Diego and I were on a Royal Caribbean Cruise to the Bahamas and besides Diego going snorkeling (I just laid on a floaty above him) we also went on the banana.  I wanted to sit in the front and thank God for that.  I remember back then I weighed 115 lbs (I'll never be again or looking forward to that) On one of the bumps of the banana with the waves, I went flying.  Diego was able to grab me and yank me back on the banana.   Had i been sitting behind him, I would have fallen and would have ended floating on the beach.  Imagine that.  But I had blast and was able to cross out riding on a banana boat from my long bucket list.
Diego and I on the banana
on a cruise to the Bahamas


So, why fake it until you feel it.   Because it is so cold it hurts.  And so I've decided to make believe I'm back in that beach enjoying the sun.

Oh, and of course,  I'm smiling and having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment