Tuesday, January 7, 2014

when we must hibernate

Two posts in one day.  I either have too much to say, have cabin fever or am on a roll here.  

So with the freezing temperatures and no school today, I have been working on proper clothing for my "old man" Viggo.  Yesterday, I basically cut some fleece and sewed straps and he had a mini coat.  Today, he didn't raise his leg high enough "old man" and wet the coat.  I made another one.  

This time, I used a pattern by Sarah from compulsivecraftiness.com and it worked just fine.  I was done in about 20 minutes and I used sew on snaps not velcro because I'm using what I have.  I don't want to go to the fabric store for fabric or supplies.  I promised myself, I'd use what I have.  And I have plenty of fleece and extra large snaps.  Viggo isn't complaining or trying to take it off.  So that's a good sign.  

Chewbacca, well let's just say, that when they go out, he's the last one to come inside.  I think he's the only one loving these temperatures.


thank you Sarah for the pattern

my first attempt without a pattern

after I am done sewing the extra ones, for the other babies I know, I will continue to knit with my looms and my needles.  By the way, Zassha got a hold of one of my looms and is making her own hat.  The seed has been planted.  May it grow and may she always enjoy what she makes.  The possibilities are endless.

Bundle up if you must step outside and don't forget to smile

No comments:

Post a Comment